It can happen that a student needs to change either their submission, their review, or a reaction given to another student.
What you should do depends on the situation:
What kind of session is it?
- Homework session
What needs to be changed?
My student needs to change their submission and/or review before the deadline has passed
If the deadline did not pass yet, your student can go back to their submission or review, and change it themselves. If they need help with this, you can tell them to reach out to us through our chat function, read more about re-submitting here.
My student needs to change their submission and/or review after the deadline has passed
To allow a student to submit their work or peer grade late, go to the Late submissions tab on the assignment page.
Select which students can submit late by clicking Allow next to the students name. Now this student can change their submission.
Select which students can peer grade late by clicking Allow next to their name. Now this student can change their review.
My student needs to change a reaction they gave during a review
Unfortunately neither you or your student can change a reaction they gave during a reviewing session. Just reach out to us through chat, and we can help you out!
Will my student still receive feedback or give reviews if they re-submit?
- If the reviewing phase is still ongoing, this student will feedback on their new submission and will also be able to review other student's work.
- If the session is closed, the student will neither receive new feedback or give new reviews. Of course, if all students are done reviewing, there will be nobody left to review a late submission.
What will happen to feedback given to a changed submission?
- The feedback will still be available in the system, and counts towards the number of reviews and feedback score of the reviewer.
- When a student received feedback, but needs to change their submission, the feedback they received on their first submission will not change. And this feedback will therefore also count towards the student's submission score.
- Feedback given to a deleted submission (and not changed) will not count towards the student's submission score.
My student needs to change a submission, review, or reaction
All situations require the same action. To allow your student to resubmit in a Live Session the student will need to be 'restarted' from the assignment overview. Click the 3 dots next to a students name and select 'Restart Student'.
Note: When you restart a student, their reviews will be saved as 'drafts' and require to be submitted once again