What is a Live Session?
Live Sessions are an easy way to run peer feedback sessions inside the classroom or without deadlines. It requires no emails or user logins but students do have the option of logging into their Peergrade account. When students join a Live Session, they submit their work, give feedback to three of their peers and then receive their own feedback.
What you need to know before starting a Live Session
- Provide students with a writing prompt or guidelines for their assignment.
- Live Sessions includes 2 feedback questions for students:
- Mention something your classmate did well.
- Mention something your classmate can improve at.
Starting a new Live Session
- A Class Code will appear when you have created a Live Session. Share this code and the URL www.peergrade.io/join with your students.
- On the teacher assignment overview, you'll be able to watch students progress throughout the whole process.
- You’ll see student names appear as they join the class. When students have submitted their work they will move from the Joined box to the Giving Feedback box.
- If at any time you need the entire class to move on to the next step, click “Move all to next step”. This will push all remaining students in the current box to the next step.
The student process
- Students will start by entering the course code and then either logging in with their existing user or by entering their name.
- Next, they submit their work by uploading a document, submitting a link, uploading via Google Doc or by using the text box on Peergrade.
- Once submitted, students move on to giving feedback. They may have to wait a moment until one of their peers is also finished submitting their work to start giving feedback.
- After providing feedback to 3 peers, students will move on to reading their feedback and reacting to it.
- Finally, students are brought to the summary page where they can view all the feedback they’ve received and given, including reactions.